Friday, November 7, 2014

Group Work Day


            I was unclear as to whether or not this week still warranted a learning journal but as there was an assignment to work on the final presentation I felt I should still complete some kind of entry.  As my group and I have rather conflicting schedules we’ve chosen to engage with each other predominately through online channels, which I find a tad ironic.  Our subject is Cloud Computing and to discuss that subject and construct a power point around we have elected to utilize cloud-computing services like Google Docs and Gmail.  That alone serves to highlight the invaluable nature of cloud computing in our day and age and the way it’s come to permeate every strata of our daily lives.  With that in mind I feel this presentation should be relatively easy to construct, especially thanks to Luis.  Luis is the only one of the three of us who is a CSIT major, specifically in the role of network security, a very touchy subject for cloud computing given the very high profile leaks from Apple’s photo cloud system earlier this year.  Luis’s previous knowledge concerning the cloud and networks in valuable has proved invaluable on the research side.  I’ve elected to collate our information into a presentable power point that hopefully will engage our classmates.  I do however worry about the physical presentation itself, as I seem to be the only member of our group with any confidence in public speaking.  Luis tends to keep his voice low and reserved with a decided slowness to his speech and I feel he’ll ultimately end up reading off the slide.  The microphone should be a fine work around for his volume control I just hope he can inject his performance with some amount of energy.  Anthony seems thoroughly unprepared for the presentation while also seeming more than a little distracted by other projects and inflexible when it comes to my requests but hopefully that won’t be an issue long term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment