Monday, September 29, 2014

Time Management


            These sites certainly have a lot of interesting things to say about time management but I’ve never really found time management to work as a viable approach for me.  I’ve tried structuring my time in a very rigid nature, blocking out everything I need to do and when I should do it but there’s something about putting things into a schedule I almost instinctively turn against.  Maybe it’s the way having a strict schedule makes the assignments and responsibilities seem more like work or chores than they already are causes me to want to procrastinate more, or maybe it’s that I don’t like any kind of order imposed on my life but I tend to do my best scheduling work when I play things by ear, letting work flow from me as it will instead of trying to force it.  Unlike some people I know I tend to rely very heavily on my right brain, the creative side of the brain that governs imagination, obviously I’m not incapable of using my logic and intelligence (I am trying for a math minor) but I think my right side is the dominate one in terms of just how I act and what motivates me.  In that respect it makes sense that I tend to be more inclined towards free form work instead of rigid structure, I mean you can’t force creativity or creative energy and that’s what it feels like when sit down for “scheduled work time” on a given project, I can chip away at it but I have no real energy or imperative to accomplish anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment